Arminna

From MedNub
Jump to: navigation, search

On the west bank of the Nile 272 km upriver from Philae. A fair-sized settlement, occupied from Meroitic until Classic Christian times. Excavated by the Pennsylvania-Yale Expedition in 1962. Extensive cemeteries were excavated by a German expedition a generation earlier.

Sources: For the settlement, Trigger 1967. For the cemeteries, Junker 1925.

(Contributed by William Y. Adams.)